Eugene, Oregon 97402
This schedule is effective starting May 1st, 2013.
|Monday||Beginning children's Aikido||5:00–5:45 pm|
|Aikido 9-14 years old||5:55–6:50 pm|
|Ki class||7:00–7:55 pm|
|Instructors||Robson sensei and Simpson sensei|
|Wednesday||Parent-child class (5-8 years old + parent)||5:30–6:15 pm|
|Aikido 9-14 years old||6:25–7:15 pm|
|Instructors||Copperman Sensei and Lewandowski Sensei|
|Thursday||Ki class||7:00–8:00 pm|
|Instructors||Galvin Sensei and Frankel Sensei|
|Friday||Breathing and meditation||12:15–1:00 pm|
- Terry Copperman, Director of the Personal Kiatsu School, Kiatsu Associate Lecturer, Ki Lecturer, OKS Senior Advisor, Joden, Shinshin Toitsu Aikido 5th Dan, teaching for over 25 years
- Diana Robson, Associate Lecturer, Chuden, Shinshin Toitsu Aikido 4th Dan, teaching for over 15 years
- Howard Galvin, Assistant Lecturer, Chuden, Shinshin Toitsu Aikido 3rd Dan, teaching for over 15 years
- Teri Simpson, Assistant Lecturer, Shoden, Shinshin Toitsu Aikido 2nd Dan, teaching for over 10 years
- Dennis Lewandowski, Assistant Lecturer, Kiatsu Assistant Lecturer, Shoden, Shinshin Toitsu Aikido 1st Dan, teaching for over 5 years
- Steve Frankel, Assistant Lecturer, Jokyu, Shinshin Toitsu Aikido 1st Dan, teaching for over 5 years
From left to right: Teri Simpson sensei, Howard Galvin sensei, Terry Copperman sensei, Diana Robson sensei, Dennis Lewandowski sensei, Steve Frankel sensei
Memorial day weekend
Sunday May 26th – Monday May 27th at all dojos
No classes on Sunday or Monday because of the holiday.
Saturday June 8th – Sunday June 9th at the Tigard dojo
The annual kids' camp is this weekend, featuring lots of training and activities for members of the children's program.
Fourth of July weekend
Thursday July 4th – Saturday July 6th at all dojos
No classes because of the holiday.
Honolulu Dojo 60th Anniversary training trip
Thursday August 1st – Sunday August 4th at all dojos
Travel to Honolulu to train with Shinichi Tohei Sensei and our Hawaiian colleagues. Contact your dojo for more information.
Labor day weekend
Sunday September 1st – Monday September 2nd at all dojos
No classes because of the holiday.
Sunday September 22nd, 9:30, at the Tigard dojo
The usual advanced aikido class will cover randori. All students brown belt and up are encouraged to attend.
Wednesday October 23rd – Sunday October 27th at all dojos
Train at Ki Society Headquarters in Japan at this intensive camp.
Aikido instructors' workshop
Saturday November 2nd – Sunday November 3rd at the Tigard dojo
The workshop will focus on teaching skills for aikido instructors currently teaching a class, with feedback from Tabata sensei. Details TBA.
Saturday November 23rd – Sunday November 24th, 9:00 am on Saturday, 7:30 am on Sunday, at the Tigard dojo
One of two annual opportunities to train Aikido intensively, Fall camp is open to all current students.
Thursday November 28th – Friday November 29th at all dojos
No classes over the holiday weekend.
Sunday December 1st at all dojos
No classes on Thanksgiving Sunday.
Sunday December 8th, 9:00 am, at the Tigard dojo
All instructors are invited to attend the annual management conference.
Last day of classes
Thursday December 19th, until the new year, at all dojos
No classes will be held over the holiday break.
Thursday January 2nd at all dojos
With the new year comes new training.
Sunday January 5th, arrive by 8:30 am, misogi starts at 9:00 am, at the Tigard dojo
Our annual opportunity to ring in the new year. Open to all current students. Annual new year's party to follow at 11:30.